I'm a Cow...Grazehead!

How come when Ramadan is here you can go a whole day and not think of food or handle not eating very well, but when Ramadan is over you graze like a cow. I've fasted twice this week and it is a terror. Hungry, poor motivation, thinking about snacking. I've spent $10 this week on junk food, even when I have brought healthy snacks to work. Snacking for no reason than just snacking. Munch, munch, munch it is absolutely ridiculous.

Goodness, so today I'm fasting, I'm broke and really don't have the money to spend on junk food, but there it is. Cookies are my big weakness. I love them. So my diet since I have went raw is primarily spinach, peaches, broccoli, strawberries, oranges, grapes, apples, blueberries, dates, pineapple, water, parsley and nuts pecans, almonds and walnuts. That is all that I eat. Unless I eat some kale or dandelions or maybe some carrots. I like seaweed and dulse flakes as well. Say what you will about going raw I have lost about 17 lbs this Ramadan down to ~200 lbs from 223 lbs back in April, now non-stop snacking to get it all back out of sheer boredom.

So hopefully now my economic situation will restrict the senseless buying of snacks, but I really do love cookies. Oatmeal raisin with pecans chips are the bomb. Goodness, fruit, veggies, nuts and homemade cookies and I'm set. I'm a simple man.

Comments

Popular Posts