Seef Mall

Hanging out at the mall is an excersize in futility. It is a disheartening place as you see the gross excess of the Muslims here. Well I really don't know about that it is just different that I expected, that's all. The hijabs come off as soon as they are out of Saudi and it is all about flash. Maybe it is because I am at one of the most expensive malls on the Island. The Seef Mall. Insha Allah I will be able to get out and get some sleep, and head out to the country side later. I was looking for something however this for the most part has been an excersize in wasting time.

I smile when I watch the families though. Missing my own I suppose. I saw two people in a coffee shop that I sat in whilst typing a letter for my wife. One was a man who sat all alone and he looked pretty lonely and the other was a woman who sat relatively next to him and there was nothing that was said, and I wondered how is it that they make connections with each other. I suppose that the new imposed world of the west is something that socially could be catastrophic in terms of sheer lonliness and depression. The west with its disconnected families and society neglected coexistence. In the Gulf nations where male female contact is strictly forbidden as it should be there is a disconnect in terms of male female relationships. If a man doesn't have a good relationship with his mother and women of his extended family there is no way he will ever know how to relate to a woman.

Comments

  1. Actually there are lots of couples that hold hands in public. However, I have never seen as many loveless marriages in the US as all I have seen in the Middle East. And don't get me started about the material excess!!! ;-))) Really all these people with their conecpt of hijrah to the Gulf to be in a better Islamic environment are living in LaLaLand.

    I'm glad you are experiencing the Gulf, though. It will make you appreciate what you have back home.

    Salaam Alaikum,
    PM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts