Polygamy and Kibr

The little piece of my heart that is reserved for Safa broke today when I learned that she was getting divorced. My Dua went out to her and I felt so badly. I read her post and all I could see was her husband's Kibr and the overwhelming shame and thought of loss of another Muslim marriage going down the drain. The Shayateen were all laughing and rejoicing on the side. I threw rocks at them, but they made themselves ghostlike and the stones went right through them and they kept on rejoicing.

I felt her pain and internalized it to be my own. I reflected on her marriage and the pain that I read about on other P blogs and was overcome with sorrow. Briefly I revisited my aspirations of greatness in the belief that if there was a Muslim that could do it correctly I believe that I could be that one. However the odds are against me seeing as how Allah said that it could not be so, but for a moment I thought that I could singlehandedly console all of the brokenhearted sisters and bring peace amongst the Ummah, but such a thought is folly.

It is a sad day indeed as I mourn her loss. We are with you Safa, Me and my family. I would say that truly the man that takes you as a wife is a man that has attained a great treasure (and it can be said now that you are in your Iddah), but sadly that man can't be me and my family, but we are here for you if you need anything just ask my wife or myself and we will do our best to make this transition easy for you.

Comments

  1. JazaakAllahu Khairan for your kind words and support....alhamdulillah. Truly Allah has a plan for me....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts