Nothing like a hissy fit

There’s nothing like throwing a massive hissy fit to gain a moment of reflection to show you just how petty you are. There’s no doubt that I’m upset at the prospect of not being able to fully enjoy my 31 days off with my kids and wife on vacation. I have two credit cards totaling $2000.00 when paid off in full which is what I had wanted to have, but as things go those bastards are still almost maxed out. Now it is a shame that the hopelessness of financial reality really makes me serious about my prayers, but that is when the moment of reflection came to me. I can’t control how much money the Creator gives me even if I work ardently for it, but at the same time I am not doing anything additional for it right now except hoping that I don’t have to spend extra money, which is a lose-lose battle. I am ashamed to see that it would take something like money or lack thereof to make me reflect on my Deen. I thought about it earlier, but I really become motivated when I’m broke. It would seem that the Creator would always keep me broke then I would not have to worry so much about getting into heaven because my worship focus would be on my Deen.

 

Money is something you need today just in case you don’t die tomorrow ~ Martin Sheen in Wall Street. It is an easy obsession to become enveloped in. Had I managed my time wisely I would have amassed a really large nest egg in my youth before I got married so that would be one less thing to frigging worry about. Maybe I’ll wait until my youngest is 7 and then work my fingers to the bone to make a little money so that I don’t have to check the bank account the next time I want to do something. The thing about life is that everything is available to you, at a cost.

 

The fastest way to make money and keep it is through real estate, but it is steeped in Riba, so maybe it will be something else. Hmm I will see. I will find something because now I’m looking.

Comments

Popular Posts