Reflecting on Quran

The Quran is an awesome book, but of course most of you know that. Today I was reading in Surah Ankabut what I had written in a previous post but I was paraphrasing so I wanted to give it to you all straight from the source.

Recite (O Muhammad) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Quran) and perform As-Salaat (Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed) and the remembering (praising) of (you by) Allah (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising) of Allah in prayers]. And Allah knows what you do.


That was what I was trying to say with my paraphrasing and the Prophet reiterated that in a hadith. There was another Ayat about have you seen him who follows his lusts and that was also a very key Ayat:

28:50 But if they hearken not to thee, know that they only follow their own lusts: and who is more astray than one who follow his own lusts, devoid of guidance from Allah. for Allah guides not people given to wrong-doing.
So I took in these two Ayat and toiled over them and how true they have been in my life. I look back to the time that I had girlfriends and I knew that it was wrong and I would go and pray and then enjoy their company and then go and pray and how it weighed on my heart. It tore me up inside because I had wanted to be on the level and marry them so that I wouldn't be out there like that and it would play on me. So I had to leave it and I ran into a relationship with my wife. It was an answer that Allah had specifically chosen this woman for me. She was an answer to my prayers.

So then I look now at my situation and now that I am single again I cannot willingly go into another relationship that I know is not going to go anywhere. I cannot in good conscience play the field so to speak. I know this and I have been surprised at the level of resolve my Lord has given me. When you make Salaat and you keep it and protect it then it becomes an effort to truly go out there and do something against Allah. Some things are easier to do even though you know they are wrong, but you still are aware that they are wrong and you feel something in your heart about it. So eventually you get to a point of acceptance and your Deen slips or you leave that thing altogether and you are exonerated for it. I look at my trials and how I have handled them. I think that I have done poorly in the area of resolve. When I wanted to divorce my wife earlier when these things started happening then I should have done that and moved on from there. This has not been an easy test for me. I have fallen into despair and cried out to my Lord and asked for increased understanding and patience. However over the whole of the entire test I think that I did rather poorly.

Now in the final hours of this I reflect and wonder where am I to go from here. I will have to do little girls hair from now on and I only fiddle with my hair when I have to comb it. That is when I know it has to come off and I cut it. So life is going on.

Today I went to the Masjid and prayed Fajr I was just in time. I am bummed because the moved the time back to 6am so that means either I have to pray at home or risk being late to work. After Fajr I stayed in the Masjid and read Quran. I have been knocking off Juz after Juz and I feel great about that. Then I went home and did some things on my new Linux system :) well it is not new I just got the Wireless to work. I am finding with linux you really have to know what it is that you are doing. Turns out that my last install of the system I corrupted my ownself by deleting some key things that it needed to function. There are several things that I like about Linux. One is that it is so clean and bright. The lines are all very clear and everything. Everything is represented in a very crisp appearance. Now that my internet is up and running on it I am really enjoying the fact that my hard drive isn't spinning all the time like it was under Vista. It is much faster, uses less processing power and does more. On the downside though if you do run into a hardware/software conflict you can spend days trying to fix it. That is the only bad thing that I can find to using Linux. Other than that though it is great. I will feel much better when I find out where different things are stored and where my stuff goes when I download something and then there is the problem of readily installing stuff. That can be frustrating.

So then I went to my Battery prevention class and we had a lively debate about the necessity of school intervention needed to prevent chidren from making major life changing mistakes. This topic has come up before about the necessity of teaching children positive coping skills at a young age. The facilitator mentioned that it needs to be a multi-pronged attack at equipping children with the necessary tools of life to prevent them from making bad decisions that will have life changing consequences. Then we got into a big theological discussion about the roots of Christianity and that was interesting but it was kind of one sided because I knew more, or at least spoke more. It was interesting nonetheless. I did a little Dawah for today and felt good about it.

Then I went to Costco and came home and napped. Naps are always a good thing. I am so tired even now and it is only barely 11pm. I need sleep. I have to write up my marks too and I have been dreading that and I really don't want to do it, but hey it is something that I must do.

My Mom needed to run some errands and so I ran them with her. I found out that my aunt married a man that is old enough to be her father, but she is happy and she has had a bad hand at love. So insha Allah this will work out for her. I am happy for her. My cousin used to go and cut their grass when he was in school. He was one of the places that was on his fixing list. He should have become an engineer and I suppose he still can. I knew her husband so it was refreshing to know that she finally had somebody.

My Mom is so giving when then visited with my cousins around the corner for a bit and then we went to my aunts that is blind and we visited for a bit and had another discussion about Deen where I went on about Deen in a more mutual discussion because my Mother and Aunt study the Bible. I elaborated on the stories of Isaac and Ishmael and that was nice. We had a good time and then we left from there and went and dropped some clothes off by an Adult Living Facility along with some sugar cane. I remember eating sugar cane on the farm as a young boy. It is always delicious, better than gum.

Then my Mom and I went on to the Masjid where they had family night and we had a great time. My Mom enjoyed herself and that was really all that I cared about. I think she has a contact for a boat for her fishing club. Which should be nice because her clubs current boat is broken most of the time. So they might rent it. She was really impressed with the sisters there. I was thinking that this is probably what my wife and her would be doing while I was in Bahrain but that didn't happen. It did a couple of times so I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. My Mom enjoyed herself then too. So who knows Allahu alim.

Then I came home and my Mom wanted me read this article about this German convert Sven K something or another Karsch, Kirsch I forget but in it he states that it is possible that Prophet Muhammad didn't exist it was in the Wall Street Journal. I said that was ridiculous given the vast history of Islam. I read the article and basically it is this guys opinion and he doesn't give anything further than that as an evidence other than he openly states that religion is a crutch for humanity. The oxymoron in this bleeds of the ridiculous of the ridiculous LUDA. Anyway he give no evidence for this claim, nothing concrete that he is basing his opinion on it is just a professor of Islamic studies that has apostated (although he claims that this epiphany has not shaken his faith in Islam) and has now made the news. It seems that these days to become famous you just need to apostate and have a position that would draw attention. Where are these famous apostates now though no where as I can find them. Even the Satanic verses guy has fallen off the map. I'm glad I read it though.

So that was my day how was yours?

Comments

Popular Posts