Linux and loving it!!

So I have been trying to go to Linux for the longest time. Like since I was back in Bahrain. Unfortunately I had not been able to get my wireless card to work. I have an Atheros card and to get it working well you need to futz with it. Then there is also the daunting fact that I can't find anything in Linux.In windows you know that this is run with this file and this is run with that file so it is easy to work your way around stuff. With linux however if you don't know what you are looking for everything is hidden. It is cool though because I can write all of my own scripts and stuff. However if that isn't your cup of tea then you will want someone to configure it for you. You can do anything on Linux that you can do on another system there is just a learning curve that you havee to fiddle with first.

So far I am happy. My hard drive isn't spinning like a madman. They spinning n they spinning. If you don't know where that is from don't ask, My keyboard seems a tad more sensitive in linux as well. I am going to hang with it for as long as I can. So far I feel I am doing ok with it though. I just have to get my webcam to work. Everything else works but the webcamm so I have to fix that. Then it will work safely though I am sure of it. I have to go to bed now. I was up until 2 am last night futzing with this thing. So now that it works I'm good.

Comments

Popular Posts