How do you say that? Jyvskyl

I have readers from Finland and it showed me one day through my sitemeter account which I am always looking at for stats that their server is in Jyvskyl where exactly that is I have no idea in Finland no doubt but how exactly do you pronounce it? I'm sure it is a lovely place, full of crisp clean air and all I was just curious how would I go about pronouncing something like that. Wikipedia had no answers unless it is two words Jyv Skyl which is even more confusing by multiplying the confusing power of the first word by two. Hopefully my Finnish friend will shed some light on this syllabic query.

Comments

  1. Salam alykoum brother,

    I'm not from Jyväskylä, but from Finland anyway. Here's a link to the city of Jyväskylä's webpage http://www.jyvaskyla.fi/lang/ . Enjoy in sha Allah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts