Zaytuna: Original post

I'm settling down into the reality of going to Zaytuna. They moved but I don't know what their new place looks like. They have two locations and neither one of them is listed as a Mosque. Of course you know that there are some serious prayers that go on there I just wonder if they have another facility around just for the prayers. I also wonder what the college is like and do they accept the Tuition Assistance. Will be interesting. I would think so with Sheik Zaid being ex-Air Force and all. We'll see.

Today I read and there were a couple of themes that stuck out for me. Mainly don't take anything bad and expect to get good out of it. This goes back to the whole lottery desire that I had a few days ago. Alhamdulillah the desire has dissipated. 2:267:

O you who believe! Spend of the good things which you have (legally) earned, and of that which We have produced from the earth for you, and do not aim at that which is bad to spend from it, (thought) you would not accept it save if you close your eyes and tolerate therein. And know that Allah is Rich (Free of all needs), and Worthy of all praise.

Why torture yourself? If you take that which is bad and close your eyes to it, you are pestered and bothered and like a stone in your bed it will bother you as long as you try to rest there. Remove the stone and sleep well. You will only get that which you will have. Griselda Blanco is probably the most wealthiest person in crime (after the Rockefellers) but she can only enjoy so much each day and chances are she is still alive so that her evil deeds wrap around her neck until she is completely doomed on the Day of Judgement. If I would have won the lottery then I would have lamented over every dollar I spent. Knowing myself that is how it would have went down.

I went to Fajr prayer this morning as I am off due to a massive cold and fever. (So I went to the Masjid to spread the love) No. Alhamdulillah I didn't cough while I was there. I wanted to make that effort because the angels come down and take inventory at that time and I wanted to be included in the number. I also got to pray with them which is awesome. After the Salaat we studied some hadith. The hadith was about doubt (not really but this is what I got out of it) It said that when you ask Allah for anything have certainty that you will get it and be not in doubt, for if you doubt the prayer or dua will not be answered. That really stuck with me for how many times have I prayed NOT BELIEVING that which I was praying for would be delivered. Not that I didn't believe it is just that I had doubt about it. I find within myself that it is funny that when I pray for small things I have complete conviction that they will be delivered to me, like when I lose things or when I'm looking for a parking spot. I never have to worry about such things ever. However when I am really in trouble I doubt and surprisingly the more doubt I have the longer it takes to be delivered from the hardship. So basically when you pray or ask dua know with certainty that you will be delivered or you will get better than that which you ask.

The Imam continued in the hadith. The hadith went on to talk about asking for forgiveness and to not stop asking for forgiveness. Even if you are doing wrong and you know that you are doing wrong ask for forgiveness and have in your heart a hatred for the wrong you are doing and ask Allah to save you from it for the Shaytan will come along and try to convince you that because you are sinning and you know that you will continue sinning that Allah won't accept your forgiveness because you are actively sinning. This is not true, ask for forgiveness and ask for help. I know that I need to be married or else I will most probably commit adultery in some way shape form or fashion. So even if I do commit adultery each time that I commit it I should seek forgiveness and what happens is my heart inclines towards Allah and I seek a way out of committing adultery (i.e. marriage or break-up). That is just the way that it is. If you heart is towards Allah you will find a way out of every sinful distraction. The keys are never stop praying for Allah has not placed in mankind two hearts.

Then he went on to say there is a flip side to asking for forgiveness and that is the Jacob brothers phenomena where I openly choose to sin with the intention of asking for forgiveness later. This mentality also will be the undoing for a believer. You will not be able to continue to sin and take Allah for granted for you will grow in insincerity. It will consume your heart and all acts of worship will become void as they will mean nothing to you and they will mean nothing to Allah either.

The big lesson for today pray and believe with true conviction that the help of Allah is near. Have no doubts about the help of Allah and your duas will be answered.

It appears that BlogPress saves a local copy that can only be accessed in iTunes. So here is all of what I wrote.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

Comments

Popular Posts