Yahud

So I started over reading the Quran and finished up Juz 1 and there are some things that stuck out while I was reading. I don't have my Quran with me. I have one on my iPad but I have found errors in the translation so I don't really want to quote it. There is one Ayat that jumped out at me and that was 2:44 where it is stated that you order righteousness and forget to practice it yourselves and you are studying the scripture have you no sense?

So this Juz talks a lot about the Jewish mindset and the psychology that has to be present in order to be carried out. In essence it is an outward showy worship practice and it is a mindset that can be embodied in anyone. It comes when someone makes the statement "I am". It really doesn't matter what follows the statement the fact of what is left is a projection which may be true or false. Also embodied in the mindset is faith through confessions but are baseless in actions. We must be warned that anyone of us can fall into the mindset. Get up make wudu go to Salaat come home and it have no effect on the persons heart.

Then another thing that I notice in the Juz about them is that they believe but they have no trust in the power of Allah. In other words I believe but I don't trust that you are going to take me out of this difficulty so I am going to do what I have to do to survive. Give me salvation, give me sustenance, give me wealth, but I don't believe that you are going to get me to where I need to be. So that is the case with the Yahud. Belief without faith.

When you are in this mindset you have to justify what it is you are doing, because you can't really carry on like that with what is written in the book so logic states that you will have to contort the standard to support what it is that you are doing. For without faith you can legitimize just about anything if you begin to lie to yourself. So then the whole faith thusly follows that logic. Can't do X, but you can if you follow this special circumstance.

I couldn't do it. I never represented myself that what I was doing would be forgiven later. I would not submit to feel good or that I would be forgiven later. So this is the lesson that I learned from my reading this morning.

Last night I broke up with my girlfriend and learned a great deal about myself. It was harder than I thought. I got the strength from Allah but I learned that my jacked upness has gone back much longer than currently. I'm getting better. I still have a long way to go though and I need to get a spine from somewhere. I go with the flow too much and going with the flow where Allah is concerned will land you in the Hellfire. So I'm still reading Quran and getting the wisdom that it puts out and Alhamdulillah it is awesome. I will read it again in english and then I will start to read it in Arabic. I don't think I will be able to do that in 30 days though. Next I need to read the Seerah. Well I have to go back to work now. If I keep writing like this I will be ready for school.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Miami Beach

Comments

Popular Posts