Bills, Bills, Bills!!!





Why the pretty picture you ask? Calm in the midst of Chaos. Ok things aren't all that bad but they aren't exactly going the way that I had hoped that they would go either. The plan was A. I would come over here and get first pick of wherever we would go next. That has been accomplished. Next was we would pay off all of our debts and go to our next station Debt-Free. Well that isn't going so well. It is amazing how many $2,000 emergencies you can have back to back to back. Had we not had any of them we would be well ahead of the game but $1,000 to $2,500 emergencies keep popping up. First it was the car then the dentist then the HOA fee, then court costs then the car then the furnace goodness. "You got to realize it's a test, it's a test, it's a test" but seriously it makes you want to say "Fu**" and several other expletives so here we are in the middle of this test. It can get better or worse, Alhamdulillah we can pay all of our bills in around the time they are supposed to be paid. Sometimes we are not that successful and we fall behind, but Alhamdulillah no more than a month and not on the Mortgages so yay, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah. So I have to say and list the benefits of Allah on us so that I don't pick up a gun and go and shoot my creditors one by one so that I can have a fresh start. It's not the bills I'm concerned with it is the consumer debt. I hate it with a passion. It is like whenever you think your credit is going to be ok then WHAMOLA some new crap to deal with. I often fall into the refrain of if it wasn't this it would be something else, but man is it ever frustrating. So to cheer myself up I decided to come up with 100 reasons I should be thankful for our current situation. I don't have them all now so this will be a post in progress. Maybe take a couple of suggestions from my blurkers.

Alhamdulillahs!
1. We are capable of paying our bills every month.
2. My wife figured out that I don't just spend all of her money as soon as she makes it.
3. We don't want any more credit.
4. If we don't add anything new we will be done in about 5 years.
5. If we rent the houses we will be done in about 5 months.
6. Insha Allah the houses will grow in equity so in about 5 years we will have a nice reward.
7. Discomfort. Discomfort is a great motivating factor essential for change. We are definetely motivated to change the state we are in.
8. We have realized the need to not splurge in spending. i.e. buying stuff with going to be making money rather than already made money.
9. We still have our health.
10. We still have our love.
11. We are still happy.
I will pause for the cause here and I will add some more later Insha Allah.
12. The enticement of polygamy has greatly decreased.
13. It was a blessing that we didn't go through with the P option because I would be incredibly stressed out right now and it would have created an almost unbearable amount of pressure on all relationships.
14. I can see some progress being made.
15. I know that I am powerless to advance my state regardless of how hard I try, unless there is an approval from Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta'Ala. Because theoretically we were making over $10,000 a month and that is a lot to be making and not being able to put a dent in your debt.
16. I pray for Afia. (Mercy and a break from the current torment, Forgiveness)
17. The knowledge that my family is more important to me than financials. Although I do hope and pray to get out of debt sometime in my lifetime.
18. I can recognize what is going on spiritually.

Comments

  1. We are in the same situation really... We had our plans that we made when our DD was born and now she is 18 months old and we haven't yet seen them coming into focus. Alhamdulilah, we are making ends meet now but we can't go on like we are much longer.

    We have two places that need to go on the market and one that is pending a business being built in it (I put something up on my blog about it) but right now we are in trouble for sure.

    Once again, alhamdulilah that we have only one big loan and it is from family with an agreement for a prophet rather than interest... And we own our cars... But I wish our new business would get going because paying the money for an empty building sucks. And here we sit in a small apartment, all 6 of us waiting for the next step.

    It is a trial, but you will get through it, insha'Allah.... Although you might need some unisom in the meantime!LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts