Credit where credit is due

My oldest daughter is by far one of the most irritating children I've ever met, and usually I try my best to avoid her for that purpose. However I've been thinking wow she really does a lot of work around here and I just have to be thankful for her, because she really does a lot to be praised for. She whines and complains like most kids but all and all she really is a top-notch help. I think I will change my relationship from focusing on the wrong she does to focussing on all of the help she brings consistently on a day to day basis. It is easy when you are irritated to want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but that isn't something that she deserves and as MY daughter she deserves the best. I think I will take her to Paragon today after things settle down. Today is a busy day so tomorrow seems like a better choice either way she deserves a treat.

It would seem like I'm Israel in this respect whereas I came out of an oppressive step-parent situation to put another child into one. I can't do that. It's just not right.

Comments

Popular Posts