I was reading Quran

Surah AtTauba is always a good Surah to read when you need a reality check. Well here is mine:

9:75 Amongst them are men who made a covenant with Allah, that if He bestowed on them of His bounty, they would give (largely) in charity, and be truly amongst those who are righteous. وَمِنْهُم مَّنْ عَاهَدَ اللّهَ لَئِنْ آتَانَا مِن فَضْلِهِ لَنَصَّدَّقَنَّ وَلَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ (9:75)

9:76 But when He did bestow of His bounty, they became covetous, and turned back (from their covenant), averse (from its fulfilment).

فَلَمَّا آتَاهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِ بَخِلُواْ بِهِ وَتَوَلَّواْ وَّهُم مُّعْرِضُونَ (9:76)

9:77 So He hath put as a consequence hypocrisy into their hearts, (to last) till the Day, whereon they shall meet Him: because they broke their covenant with Allah, and because they lied (again and again).

فَأَعْقَبَهُمْ نِفَاقًا فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ إِلَى يَوْمِ يَلْقَوْنَهُ بِمَا أَخْلَفُواْ اللّهَ مَا وَعَدُوهُ وَبِمَا كَانُواْ يَكْذِبُونَ (9:77)

9:78 Know they not that Allah doth know their secret (thoughts) and their secret counsels, and that Allah knoweth well all things unseen?

أَلَمْ يَعْلَمُواْ أَنَّ اللّهَ يَعْلَمُ سِرَّهُمْ وَنَجْوَاهُمْ وَأَنَّ اللّهَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ (9:78)



So those verses stuck out to me. How many times have I promised Oh Allah if you will give me such and such then I will do such and such, but when He gives it then you start hemming and hawing. Well again I have a debt that I must pay to Allah Subhannahu Wa T'ala. He kept his end of the bargain now I must keep mine. Regardless of how afraid I am. Insha Allah He will give me the strength to do so, the integrity to keep my promise to him. Subhanna Allah when you come down to it all the fingers point back at you and your relationship and promises to Allah.

Comments

Popular Posts