Warning

I finished Juz 15 today. I missed a day or two in there. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I will be able to pray Fajr all week, and the bad news is that I got selected for jury duty. Now I am excited and at the same time kind of peeved that I have jury duty. The reason that I am excited is because I have never done jury duty before. I stayed out late last night with some friends. So I'm Sleepy.

I reflected seriously on what I read today. I really did and I have to make some life adjustments. I don't think many of us truly realize what it means to become Muslim. Today it seemed that the whole Juz was talking to me. I mean the WHOLE thing. So naturally you have to realize that you have to reevaluate your life and decide what it is that you are going to do. I am in discussion with my wife to reconnect. I already told my lawyer to stand down from going through with the divorce. I'm not going to rant here on my blog because over time I have learned that it is not always the best thing to do. I know it may seem to make my blog dull and boring, but it saves some personal drama that I may have to go through.

I am also in / getting out of a different relationship in preparation to making my trip to California. ALL of the verses that slapped me in the face today were about Zinna. Now the best way to get out of Zinna is to never get into it. Once you are in a Zinna (Fornication/ adultery) it is difficult to get out. You don't just walk out, unless you are really mean or really strong. I am neither. I have said it. It is all understood, but like the energizer Bunny it just keeps going and going.

Actually I started this post two days ago and now I am trying to finish it up. Like I said that when you are in a Zinna relationship it keeps going and going. She doesn't want to leave because you are not a jerk and you are sweet and loving so why would she want to leave? You have to go because you are reading verses that say don't go near to Zinna and you are concerned that if you keep going that either your time to check out of this life will come around unexpected and you will have a lot of explaining to do (To which your skin will quickly clarify), or you will have to lie to yourself that all will be forgiven and keep going on in delusion, or finally admit that you are all in the wrong and just roll with it and be prepared to taste the consequences later. I am of the last group. I don't delude myself into thinking that my blatant disregard for commands of Allah will be passed by as simple foolishness. Dying suddenly (or on time I should say) is a concern but it does not overshadow the first position.

If you read the Quran on a daily there really isn't much you can delude yourself with. Really. You will know that you are doing wrong the moment you start any action. However you really have to read it and really reflect on what it is that Allah is saying. You need to think hard and deep. I find that upon reading the Quran that everything becomes clearer. You become more focused as to what is right and wrong. Then there is the little thing of age that I have become that gives me the wisdom to fully understand somethings.

I read Juz 16 yesterday and I reflected on it. I think that the most important thing in life is to reflect upon Allah. You need to respect when Allah keeps you from things. I look at my photography business. I realize that there are some things that I photograph that I probably shouldn't However I look at certain things like I am not in that moment or I am not in a place where my heart inclines to such things. I have no problem with half naked women to where I contemplate on them or desire them inappropriately. However if a brother who was taking me as a strong brother saw this and took me as a lead and was not able to separate his feelings from his job then I could see how it would be problematic.

There are so many things about this Deen that are incredible. We are all guilty of following some of the book and not other parts of the book. I hope as I grow in faith the parts of the book that I follow will greatly outweigh the parts that I don't.

I have Jury Duty after deliberation I will discuss with you some of what I observed.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dade County Court House

Comments

Popular Posts