Growing





So I'm involved in this fashion show. The superbowl of fashion shows it is dubbed. The event is ok however it could be better. I was not really prepared for it. Some of my fellow photographers who go to these things all the time were prepared. They brought their big lenses and tripods, quantum flashes with battery packs and I didn't bring any of that stuff. I could have brought a strobe but. Hey I thought that fashion shows had no flash. I was looking at my lights too right before I left out, but you live and learn. I suppose the guys brought their stuff because they knew that it wasn't a formal fashion show.

So this year is my year of communication so after the event had started going on I am like to myself you need to start talking and stop being a wall flower so that you can achieve your dreams. It is not that I can't talk it is just that I don't really want to. I actually suppose, looking at it I have a fear of daily interaction. Spur of the moment conversations I can have however communication day in and day out like normal people gives me the willies. Not really, but I just don't make the effort to do it. Maybe that is why I have been with very talkative women, they talk and all I have to do is answer questions now and then.

So today I have jury duty. It turned out that I have never had jury duty and today is a bad time because if I am called it will be a criminal trial and then I will have to be there all day. Actually what is worse is that I may not get called again and have to wait all day. Vey! I have this photoshoot thing to do later on today. It doesn't look like I will get called so the good thing is that I will be able get all of my homework done for the week. This is the first time I have ever served on a jury so I'm kind of excited and looking forward to it.

What else has been going on in my life? Well this morning I didn't read my Quran I was getting the photos ready to come put on line. Then I did something incredibly stupid. I brought both my cameras with me to court. So dumb. I didn't want to leave them in the car so I brought them with me. Then they said nope no cameras which is stupid because any baliff can see a huge DSLR camera and would be less likely to see one of the many 5 megapixel camera phones snapping away like a photo fiend. So I'm like OMG I have about $5000 worth of camera equipment in my bag and if any of it comes up missing I am going to feel like a stupid ass. I am thinking that at lunch I will go and get my stuff and take it home and just pay for parking again.

Not called again that only means that I'm stuck waiting incessantly for some reprieve from the quiet room. We will see what happens. They are saying that they may call one more group and then they are going to lunch. In which case I will take my stuff home and come back. It will cost me another $5 bucks but at least I will have the peace of mind that my cameras are safe. I'm not looking forward to coming back here though.

Getting back to my 1000 words a day. I'm in class and I need to schedule a quiet time everyday so that I can blog. I feel that it is very necessary that I blog at least 1000 words a day. It is necessary because if you do so then you will be able to quickly organize your thoughts and put forth coherent statements. It also means that when someone wants you to write something you don't cringe at writing 5000 word essays. I haven't been writing and that is why my post is all over the place.

Well I've been called.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



Comments

Popular Posts