Reflections of the Day

Ok so as it happens before Ramadan I fall off the wagon. I stop fasting Mondays and Thursdays, going to Fajr and Isha etcetera. Thinking that I will be able to just jump up and ramp things up. Well I'm sure that is not the way that things will work. I'm sure I will start out hard and around the third week or so I will peter out and try to make a comeback in the last 10 days. I can't stand that really. I want to be on point for this Ramadan. So I'm going to make some goals.
  1. Finish the Quran in Arabic. It has been a couple of years since I've finished the Quran in Arabic period. I usually read it a couple of times a year in English but not Arabic.
  2. Finish the Quran in English.
  3. Learn Juz Amma. I learned it and then forgot it. So I will start over with one Surah A day. I knew them and forgot them so hopefully they won't be that hard to memorize again.
  4. Establish Fajr and Isha in the Masjid. I was doing well most of the year and then fell off. 
  5. Increase Dhikr. There is a Salafi Imam that comes and warns against Dhikr beads but I know that when I have them I make Dhikr and when I don't I only do it when I remember to.
  6. Pray for my parents and children.
I think that it is good to have a plan. When I read the Quran this morning these are the verses that stood out for me.  Maybe I'll come back and discuss them later.

Hud (The Prophet Hud) - 11:112
فَاسْتَقِمْ كَمَا أُمِرْتَ وَمَن تَابَ مَعَكَ وَلاَ تَطْغَوْاْ إِنَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ (11:112)

  • Therefore stand firm (in the straight Path) as thou art commanded,- thou and those who with thee turn (unto Allah.; and transgress not (from the Path): for He seeth well all that ye do. - 11:112 (Y. Ali)


  • Hud (The Prophet Hud) - 11:113
    وَلاَ تَرْكَنُواْ إِلَى الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُواْ فَتَمَسَّكُمُ النَّارُ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ مِنْ أَوْلِيَاء ثُمَّ لاَ تُنصَرُونَ (11:113)

  • And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you; and ye have no protectors other than Allah, nor shall ye be helped. - 11:113 (Y. Ali)


  • Hud (The Prophet Hud) - 11:114
    وَأَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِّنَ اللَّيْلِ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّـيِّئَاتِ ذَلِكَ ذِكْرَى لِلذَّاكِرِينَ (11:114)

  • And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord): - 11:114 (Y. Ali)


  • Hud (The Prophet Hud) - 11:115
    وَاصْبِرْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ (11:115)
    Topics discussed in this Verse:
    [Patience]
  • And be steadfast in patience; for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish. - 11:115 (Y. Ali)
  • Comments

    Popular Posts